Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Goodbye 2009

In less than 8 hours, I'll be happily boarding a bus back to Taiping. I just hope there wouldn't be much of a traffic jam. It's already a hassle trying to get back home during the school holidays, and now with Christmas just two days away; chances are that I might be caught up in an exodus. Anyways, the thought of me spending my time in Taiping overwrites all my worries about the jam. Wee... :D

It's really ironic how my perception on holidays changes so quickly within the past two semester. Previously, going down to KL=holiday! And I'll be extremely excited about going to the malls, having a taste of different food, and the whole feeling about being able to spend my holidays in a city like KL. Now, since I've been living here for the past two semester; going up to Taiping=holiday! This time I'm all pump up to go to the lake gardens, having yam cha at siang malam, eating cheap and delicious food, and the urge to just get away from my hectic life!! Yeah...no matter where we are, the grass seems to always be greener on the other side. Come to think of it, I do take Taiping for granted.

I still remember how I always wanted to get out from Taiping and just grow up!! You can try asking my dad. I kept telling my dad how I would just like to grow up quickly and see the world!! You know, just to be OUT THERE...by myself. Being independent. Being all grown up. Well, this is the time when I have to go back and tell my dad that I wish I could do high school all over again. I'm expecting a "I told you so!!" from him. I know I'm going to get it.

Honestly, I dread the New Year; every single year. However, this coming new year I have more to worry/dread. Besides the thought of having to crack my head on what I would pen down as my new year resolutions; this inkling thought of turning 20 is like a nightmare to me. It's haunting the soul out of me. I wonder if Jane and Shuh Pyng feels the same as February is approaching. To be frank, I'm feeling rather sad/down about next year. :(

I guess I should just enjoy my holiday to the fullest, and just let it be. There's no way I can stop myself from turning 20. I'll consider myself lucky as I have two other February babies to share my 'sorrow' with. Haha. I'll get back home, hang out with my friends, go paint the town red, relax and rejuvenate, catch some movies, drown myself with Taiping food, and whatnot!! So peeps, call me anytime or drop by my house anytime!! We have loads to do!! :D

So........




MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!



p/s: I've been having Christmas songs stuck in my head this whole month. Even when I was having my papers... They're just so joyful to my ears. :D

1 comment:

  1. home sweet home..there is no other place other than Taiping..and whatever other idioms..
    all are so true huh.. =)
    goodbye 2009 :(

    ReplyDelete