Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Weekend Treats

So my parents came down to KL last weekend for a visit and it was GREAT. Mom brought home-cooked food all the way for the whole house. Having home-cooked food for dinner was really satisfying. Oh how I miss home....:(

During the weekends, bro took us around for shopping and for food trip. :D Went to Pavilion for the very first time and I was in awe by just looking at the building from the outside. Walking into Pavilion gave me a sense of elegance that comes with a huge price of course. Mind you, the parking ticket was freaking RM9!! 3 bucks per hour is just insane! And the boutiques in Pavilion are meant for window shopping, LITERALLY; at least for me. What made me smile though, was the spectacular Christmas decorations; accompanied by Christmas music at the background made the whole atmosphere even more joyful. After all, it's the season again!!

How can someone not love Christmas? Every year on the month of December, I'll go all goo-goo-ga-ga over Christmas because of the sales and also the whole vibe and mood. Believe it or not, I've started listening to Christmas songs since early November!! It's a really a good feeling. :)


Lunch time, bro took us to this awesome place called La Bodega@Pavilion. And boy oh boy...the food there are heavenly, however sinful it is to my body. This place serves really good Spanish food and provides a really nice and soothing ambiance for dining. There is a bar with shelves filled with liquor bottles and a place where they hung up old historical Spanish photos. People should at least come to La Bodega once for the experience, especially to those who love food. And if you have the money to throw around, get a pint of Hoegaarden or Stella. A couple of shots as well if you want to experience a hungover the next day.


List of Spanish brandy




Paella Valenciana mixta (Spanish rice cooked with seafood)



La Bodega's famous cheese burger**



Saffran angel hair pasta**


Albondigas "Sant Climent" (Lamb meatballs in a rich brandy sauce)

**food that got pounced on before I could captured it in time. Haha.

The following day we went to 1U. Personally I find 1U one of D-best places to shop. EVERYTHING is just there, all under one roof. I've walked every corner and corridors and sadly, I didn't manage to get any clothes from 1U. There weren't anything suitable to buy!! Maybe I'm picky. :( And again, we stopped by this stall called Nyonya Colors where it's famous for it's Nyonya Kuih. The laksa at this stall was quite nice as well.



For dinner, we went to this corner shop, Restaurant Lucky Loke Yeah I know...what a typical name for chinese shops. Here, their specialty is the deep fried tilapia and the oh-so-awesome frog soup. For those who enjoy soups with heavy taste of pepper corn should really go for the frog soup. It has the OHM factor!!


Frog soup!!


So, technically my whole weekend with the family is more like a food trip. Which of course I'm not complaining besides the fact that I didn't manage to buy anything to fill my closet. But it was great. My belly was happily full throughout the weekend. :) Even my bro felt guilty conscious about his additional weight to his 'one pack'. Tehee :P Still, food is always a bliss!!


********

I'll be going back to Taiping tomorrow. So far my plans are to catch the movie New Moon and to crash into Ng's place for a baking session which we haven't done for quite sometime. Additional plans will be considered thoroughly as I'm suppose to be on my study break. A SHORT session of yam cha should be fine. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment